Monday, September 03, 2007

Football

Things are very down at Blues at the moment. We were comprehensively outplayed by Middlesbrough on Saturday - the 2-0 scoreline flattered us considerably by all accounts, and Steve Bruce could offer no excuses. There's a two-week break before the next game, and the dark clouds are hovering around the ground again.

I haven't mentioned this before because I wasn't actually that bothered by it. I was too busy literally watching paint dry as I finished decorating the hall with not a little bit of help from my sister, who expertly painted the edges as I sloshed on the paint with the roller. The weekend was on the whole a good one - I did no paid work, mowed the lawn and we enjoyed a day out at the seaside (ten miles away on Mersea Island) with our friends Caz and Steve, and their daughter Lauren, who's two in December. We'll be going on holiday with them next year - a mid-week break in Suffolk at Center Parcs. I'm looking forward to it already, even if I'm going to have to raid my tax savings in the next month or so to pay for it!

No comments: