Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blues march on

I'm still refreshingly less bothered about football in general nowadays, so I'm not falling for Blues' attempt to suck me back in with their best start to a league season (five wins, one draw) since 1908. At Bristol City on Tuesday night we allegedly played our best half of football this season to go 2-0 up, and then hung on for grim life as the Robins came back at us in the second half.

Just thought I'd mention it now, as we've got Blackpool at home on Saturday, and you just know we're going to slip up...

In the meantime, I'm hoping that I too will qualify for an $80bn US government bailout (what a lark this deregulation is), and that I can pluck up the courage to get on my flat roof and perform some much-needed repair work this weekend while the weather stays dry...

EDIT: I'm wrong about the record - apparently it'll be the best since 1908-9 IF we beat Blackpool tomorrow (see here).

No comments: