Thursday, March 05, 2009

BBC History

I had a shock this morning – after a productive few hours catching up with Q&A correspondence and writing 10 tips for Tech Radar and my BBC Countryfile piece for tomorrow, I decided to write up my second piece in good time for next Tuesday’s deadline. I trotted off to the Easton Lodge web site only to discover it’s been closed to the public for the foreseeable future!

I quickly emailed the magazine explaining what had happened and offering Colchester’s clock museum as an alternative (see here) – it’s an interesting building that dates back to the 15th century and was once inhabited by William Gilberd, scientist and physician to Elizabeth I, but as this was only my second piece I wasn’t confident it would be accepted. Luckily, it has been, so part of tomorrow will be spent on a quick visit (thankfully it’s free) to get some photos and tour the place.

No comments: