Monday, February 03, 2014

Mortified

I write this having just found out - through Twitter - that a close friend has been in hospital for the past five days. I only recently visited him at his home and knew about his chest pains and the likelihood it would be followed up, but to find out this - and that I was unaware of it - is mortifying. I mentioned in my last post that I feel like I'm having to run faster to stand still, that I have to bury myself in work to keep my head above water, and this is what happens when I spend too long not paying attention to what's going on in the real world.

Obviously the important thing will be to find out if he's okay or not. But to discover that - because work picked up last week and swamped me - I've missed out on being there for him is a wake-up call I really must heed.

No comments: