Friday, June 01, 2007

If you want to be happy, you have to be miserable

Interesting story on the BBC about how misery is the key to happiness - see here. I would like to think that truth goes without saying - certainly as I've grown older I've come to realise there is no such thing as perfection in life. It's not a bitter disappointment either - if anything, it's a blessing, because if you go through hard times, the good times are so much better. It's why when there are moments where I experience something akin to bliss, I'm now aware that it's a moment to savour, soak up and store away to help during the harder times. Of course, it also helps appreciating just how lucky I am to be living in a rich country like the UK, earning a good living and enjoying the love of family and friends.

Or you could look at it another way: I'm waiting for an almighty pay off should Blues ever manage to win a major trophy...

No comments: