Monday, July 09, 2007

Pitching

I've been caught in an eddy recently. One of my regular gigs ended abruptly at the end of May, and my workload has slackened in other areas too. I'm hoping things will pick up over the next couple of weeks, but in the meantime I've pitched to a new publisher, and am waiting to hear if they're interested in my work. I've had encouraging noises so far, but now I have to see if any of my suggestions appeal. I should have probably done this a couple of weeks ago, but better late than never. I've been extremely fortunate in my freelance career so far in that I've not had to chase for new work like this, so it's probably a good thing it happens now, a good four months (is that all? Ulp!) before Petit Pois appears on the scene and starts gobbling up every spare penny I have...

No comments: