Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Faulks to pen new Bond novel

One of my favourite authors, Sebastian Faulks, has just been "outed" as the man chosen by the Ian Fleming Foundation to pen a new Bond novel to celebrate the centenary of Fleming's birthday (see here). One of the great things about Faulks is that each of his novels from Birdsong through The Girl at the Lion D'Or and Charlotte Gray to On Green Dolphin Street and Human Traces appeals. I see his latest book, Engleby, is out in paperback this October, but as Toni points out, I should read it via the library!

In other news, I have a commission from the new publisher - I'll reveal more when it's been submitted (and hopefully accepted). I also picked a new crop of broad beans yesterday (I'll be shelling, blanching and freezing them today after the last crop went bad in the fridge) along with another load of potatoes. The allotment is starting to look bare, so when I head up to mum's tomorrow for a trip to my aunt as part of my "Make killer winter compost" commission for BBC Countryfile magazine, I'll be seeing what I can plant in its place - carrots and potatoes look like a good bet!

No comments: