Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's been a long week

Last weekend was one of the worst I've ever encountered, and certainly the worst I've felt in a long, long time. Toni has been quite ill of late - I won't go into details - and things gradually got worse over the weekend with long, sleepless and fretful nights until Sunday morning at 3am when I finally snapped and called out an emergency nurse. She helped things along a little, but it wasn't until 36 hours later that relief was finally achieved and things returned to a semblance of normality. During the last week, however, we've been lucky to have had fantastic support from both sets of parents, and I'd like to go on record to say how thankful and grateful we are to them for dropping everything at short notice and coming to help with Harriet while I tried to nurse Toni to the best of my limited abilities.

Harriet was as good as gold too - on the horrible night in question, she slept right through (had she not, I think we might have cracked before we had the sense to call out the nurse). What a darling little girl she's been - she's six months old today, with her first tooth and (on the whole!) a lovely disposition. We're very lucky to have her.

In other news, Blues were finally put out of their misery and relegated at the weekend, and there's a lot of turmoil going around the club. The perverse part of me is quite enjoying it - I'm watching from a distance and not really that bothered by it all. Please let me keep this sense of perspective about football for the rest of my life!

No comments: