Friday, June 29, 2007

Five-a-side

Last night - complete with new set of footie boots - I took part in my first 0-0 game since starting five-a-side back in Bath all those years ago. There were less players taking part, so it was seven-a-side (the right number for the size of the pitch), but despite a few chances, no one was able to break the deadlock. My performance was better than last week - thankfully the boots seem to be doing their job from the off - but aside from a couple of snap shots my most significant contribution was two good saves while being in goal to keep the scores level.

The three of us from Abberton - Sam, Steve and myself - are all improving week-on-week (Sam wasn't too pleased that one of my saves was from one of his shots!) and feeling more comfortable in our surroundings. We're all contributing to our teams, and don't appear to be out of our depth, so all's well that ends well.

On a semi-related note, I've been approached to contribute to the Blues matchday programme again next year. Has it really been three years since my last article was published? Never mind - it'll be good to write for the team again as it re-embarks on its Premiership adventure!

No comments: