Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Adjustments

I'm typing this in the baby's room, having moved my main PC indoors as the weather gets colder to share the desk with Toni's PC. Her ladyship is asleep behind me in her Moses basket, which is inside the cot. No doubt I'll regret this later between the hours of 10pm and 2am when she seems reluctant to settle down for the evening. Last night I re-watched the second half of a documentary on Nefertiti that I'd kept nodding off to the night before. It's times like that when I'm glad we've got Virgin cable with its catch-up and TV choice services!

Harriet met her great grandmother for the first time at lunch when she came down with mum and dad. Nan seemed very taken with her, and we enjoyed a good chat. The big news to share with dad was the managerial situation at Blues - it seems that Alex McLeish will be our new manager from tomorrow. After the timid performance at the weekend, I'm not surprised Eric Black has left to join Bruce at Wigan. If he planned to continue in the same vein then we're better off with a clean sweep. It'll be interesting to see how McLeish sets up the side - I'm resigned to relegation, so anything he manages will be a bonus.

Work has settled down a bit - a couple of tight deadlines next week, but otherwise I'm hopefully going to drift into Christmas without too many hassles. My new camera should arrive in time for my birthday on Friday, so hopefully I'll have time to get to grips with it in the run up to Christmas.

No comments: